Thursday, October 27, 2011

ok... this is just one I don't want to forget.

So I should be writing about the kids and the fun days and milestones but nope.  This is all I have for now...  YUMMY!!
from That's so Michelle...  blog

Cranberry Margarita

I had planned on posting these really delicious baby red potato bites (a perfect Sunday football snack or party app.) but I'm in such a cranky mood right now that a cocktail just seemed much more appropriate.

It's Friday and I could use a margarita, how about you?


A postal services truck that was going only 10 mph some how managed to cut me off this morning and it was enough to make me curse out loud. 

Coffee splashed out of my mug on to my desk and I almost cried about it because I had just finished cleaning up coffee that I had already spilled in the bathroom while doing my makeup.

I don't know what's going on with me ....  but it's been a rough 24 hours.


All I can say is TGIF.  Tonight we will hop in the car with the Honey Bear and head to Southern Virginia to spend sometime with the grandparents and I think it's just what I need.

Long games of evening scrabble, fall leaf rides through the Blue Ridge Mountains, family brunch and maybe even a trip to a vineyard.

Ahhhhh all better.  Now, about this margarita, local grocery stores just started stocking fresh cranberries in the produce section. Their tart factor is just about the same as a regular lime margarita but the color is GORGEOUS and it's so seasonable.

Rim the glass with sugar and you've got a crowd pleaser, or a mood tamer, whatever you need ;)

Shopping List (makes two cocktails)
1 1/4 cup cranberry juice   
1/2 cup sugar   
1 1/2 cup cranberries (fresh)   
3/4 cup lime juice
3/4 cup tequila
1/2 cup grand marnier
ice

Place your cranberries and sugar in a sauce pan on medium heat until the berries burst (about 10 minutes). With a bowl or large glass under a strainer, pour your cranberry and sugar mixture into the strainer so that the syrup runs out into the glass or bowl below.

In a cocktail shaker add your cranberry juice, lime juice, tequila, grand marnier, ice and cranberry syrup. Shake vigorously and pour into a sugar rimmed glass.

No comments: