Thursday, December 31, 2009
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Luke had his six month visit at the end of November because Mommy was sick at his originally scheduled visit. He is growing so fast and was 28 inches and 16 lbs 15 oz. He was "ranked" at 50% for weight, 50% for head and 80% for height which means he is staying consistent with his growth. He did great and we talked AGAIN about his sleep or rather the lack of it. Tough love was the recommendation and out of desperation, I am going to do it. Otherwise a very happy and healthy little man!!
He is also making huge leaps-
- Full crawling now and can really move with the right motivation. He loves to follow Ian and to be right in the middle of anything that Ian is doing. He loves toys and most definitely anything that rolls (just like big brother) and hammers! Hitting is just so much fun if you are a boy.
- Pulling up and pushing up on anything that he can get on. He will also sit in his bouncy seat forever and goes nuts in it!
- Moves from a crawl to a full sit now and can go back and forth between the sit and crawl.
- He loves everyone--no strangers for this babe!
- His favorite thing is to be with Ian and really misses him when he has been away. Laughs at his brother all the time and is so ticklish.
- He is trying to wave and has mastered clapping. Along with the clapping we usually get shrieks of happiness (most think he is angry but it's all fun when he starts yelling).
- The crying fits have completely ended and we have taken him off the reflux medicines with huge success.
- His little tooth is finally finally here and it is a little bittersweet because the end of the baby toothless smiles are over! The lower right tooth came through around Dec 18th and now the left side is all puffy. Won't be long until he has two!!
- He ate his first crackers and waggon wheels this week and loves to have the finger food.
- And now maybe the most important milestone.. HE SLEEPS!!! Luke started sleeping through the night and is taking naps like a real baby! Marco and I are different people--sleep really is a beautiful thing for the WHOLE family. Great job Luke!!!
I am sure there are tons of things I am forgetting because he is changing so much right now.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
- What do the reindeer eat?
- How do you get the reindeer to come to you?
- Why won't the reindeer listen?
It was so great!
We also went downtown to Centennial Park to check out the lights and to ice skate. Ian was so exited to try out the ice and practiced all afternoon on the carpet. It was so sweet!! The hot chocolate was actually the hit of the night and we had to even make a second run to get a second cup.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Pictures coming soon!! With more updates. I am having a WONDERFUL holdiay but just jumping from one event to another without many breathers. Marco leaves for Austrilia tomorrow and I'm going to Knoxville for several days. Hopefully a chance for a breather and to catch up a little. Christmas cards are coming but may just be here in time for the holiday!! I love this time of the year more than any other!!!
Friday, December 4, 2009
The neighbors behind our house have decided to decorate their house with lights in the back and on the deck. Ian peeked through the trees and decided the lights were monster eyes. (Monsters are actually getting a ton of discussion time in our family right now!) I asked Ian if it was a good monster and he said NO! He is a bad monster that wants to steal Christmas. I asked Ian if he would protect our Christmas and he said that he could until he was tired then I would have to do it. Then he told me that to scare the monster away, I would just have to tell him it was Halloween!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
- When talking about Santa he had several revelations-- I asked him what he wanted ask for in his letter to Santa and he decided that Santa could just figure it out! He already knows everything else. (then he thought about it more and decided he should ask for something specific like Handy Manny tools)
- When we were figuring how Santa would get in the house he was very concerned that Santa would make a hole in the wall ! (maybe he knows how "handy" his dad is with home repair projects) And he wouldn't fit in the fire place. And landing on the roof--he wasn't convinced.
- Today he asked me for the first time who is God? and what does he look like? We talked for a while and then I told him God could look different to different people. He decided that God is Tall with Long Legs. Beautiful !!
- I just thought it was a great idea to get all the boys presents wrapped while they were with the grandparents and was so proud of myself. Well--not suprizing--this one bit me in the booty.. Ian was so upset he couldn't open them--grrrrr.... So I pimped Santa and told him that Daddy and I called Santa and he said that we couldn't open them until Christmas. Still so frustrated but I thought this one was won--yeah right. As we were in the car to go have dinner with Santa, he informed me that he would be asking Santa if he could open just one present... Smartie--called my bluff!!
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Lately he is very into boys vs girls. Every day we get a chorus of boys do this and girls do that! Well, he is also loving playing with the girls more and more--future heart breaker I am sure. Last night while we were eating at a local little Italian restaurant he spent most of the night flirting with the little girl behind us in the booth. They would play peekaboo and he would try so hard to get her attention and then as soon as he had it-- play hard to get. It was adorable and Marco and I could hardly eat with all the entertainment.
Today he played for over an hour with the older girls which live down the street. He goes into this ultra cute show off mode when they are around. Jacquline and Angiline are 7 and 9 and just adore him and he really eats it up.
He has also started helping more around the house. We have actually created a monster I think... Ian must clean his plate off the table before playing after a meal and if one of us get up without plate in hand--oh boy will he let us know it. He is also getting bossier with the cats--he had to put Jannake in a time out this evening for scratching at the door. He told us that he needed a little break to take care of something and next thing we saw was the cat in his arms (a very mild mannered cat to take it) and she was headed to the entry for a time out. Watch out Luke--your next and big brother is always watching for things you should do and should not do!
Monday, November 16, 2009
He is also doing great with his letters--he wrote his name for the first time the other day and I was so proud I could hardly stand it!
I just love this age!!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Both boys did great but Luke's sleeping schedule is not for the weak heart! I think that Luke had the best of my dad when it was his night to watch the little one.
Ian has soo much fun with the grands and didn't want to come home!!
And his first little tooth popped through this weekend! The little white corner of his right lower tooth came through and then it wasn't much fun for anyone. He was not a happy camper.