Monday, June 7, 2010

Superman Cast

Well we have another first here at the house--Ian's first broken bone. Shocked that we let the little man walk around with a broken fibula for almost two weeks.  He never stopped so we just thought it was a sprain but unfortunately he has a fracture and needs to wear a cast for three weeks. Still baffled at when it happened--probably during soccer but there wasn't a definite ouch moment!  He is tolerating everything great and after the cast comes off he should be 100%!  We made sure he has superman blue on the cast and it definitely has hidden repulsor blasters in the bottom. He was so funny with the Dr. and was teaching him the Dutch word for blue. It was priceless!! He is a little mad because it itches and decided that we could cut it off with scissors and then decided we would need daddy's saw to get it off!


Lots of movies and ice cream is in our future!! I don't know how to keep him from jumping or running or out of the water and sand. We'll figure out lots of low impact adventures.

He was so sweet and wanted tons of cuddles this afternoon. He asked me if he could sleep in my bed and of course I said yes. Then he turned to Marco and said that he would need to sleep somewhere else because "Daddy you snore and I need my sleep. I have a long day tomorrow!" I almost fell out of my seat laughing at the little man.

And Luke doesn't let me have a minute either. Just settled Ian into the recliner and went to the bathroom. I came back and Luke had climbed the recliner and was STANDING on the couch next to Ian with Ian holding his waist. Seriously--I don't need two casts at one time. Ohhhhhhh......

No comments: