Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Everything I thought I knew...

Well--I wasn't expecting this one...  MR LUKE at 20 months has figured out how to climb out of his crib.  WHAT....  today after a struggle for nap and going back to his room three times to console him I thought that I had won.  It was really quiet in his room and after a small little victory dance, I went down stairs.  It was about 10 minutes and I hear the click of the top gate shut and boy oh boy the little man was on the stairs with a guilty grin 10 miles wide.  I still can't believe it !!!  What now?  This is new territory for mamma--I guess we will be shopping for a big boy bed this weekend.

So Luke is officially my little monkey climber where his brother was definitely the jumper.  I put him back in the bed and was asking him what he did.  In true Luke fashion (no words..  just action), he used his arms to pull his body up just enough in the corner to swing his leg up and over.  Voila out of the bed!!!  Big SIGH...  but I have to love his determination.  Ian is my child that will talk, or dare I say whine, you into submission (maybe a corporate lawyer or UN negotiator in his future).  Then I have the child that goes in a room, accesses the situation and walks right in to take what he wants!  All the while flashing a charming little smile so you forget he just took your watch (sales--definitely sales in his future).

Wow what you start figuring out about the world while raising children.  It's so obvious just how different personality types are and how they start to emerge far before the child has the maturity to formally express himself or herself.  So early you can see what drives a child and generates the energy that makes them go.  It's also so beautiful to see those personalities navigate the world and how they treat the world differently.  Truly a ever changing battlefield!!!

No comments: