Monday, January 24, 2011

Sometimes you win.... sometime well you win

Ok there are days when the kids are just so funny how can you not write it down.  Ian and Luke fill every minute of my day with fun, laughs, screams and giggles.  Sometime in the last couple of months we have achieved this amazing balance but boy do they get the best of me some days!  This was one of the days that they both amazed me in the best and funniest ways.  Many days I fail to see the beautiful moments that happen every day.  It's so easy to get caught up in what has to be done, where you need to be, what you have or don't have that it's nice to stop and take a breath.  In those small "breathing" moments it's so wonderful to take some time to see what incredible little people I am blessed to have in my life. I don't want to forget the silly little moments-

-When we were getting ready this morning Ian decided I wasn't keeping up with the laundry as I should.  He took it into his own hands to "really get his socks and undies clean and taken care of.." and loaded up the washing machine.  I love it!!! Some girl will thank me in the future if he is already doing laundry!
-Dinner really rocked tonight and Ian was especially enthusiastic about eating of all things, MEATLOAF??  He told us it was the best meal ever and decided it was so good he should "slap his mother"! thanks Marco.  Haha
-Luke has been super snugglie lately and nothing melts my heart more.  We have a new morning routine where Marco gets him up and he snuggles with me for about 15 minutes before we really have to get up.  It is is an absolutely perfect way to start the day.  This morning was particularly special because I was lucky enough to get snuggles form both of my boys.  Can't beat that !!!  Even this night owl can love these mornings.
-Luke blew my mind when he counted out one, two, three, four...  we have been practicing anytime we walk up the stairs or do repetitive activities.  I count just to expose him to the numbers or get him to move along.  I was floored and so proud of the little smartie!!
-I am also trying something new with Ian--those cute ears are having lots of trouble listening.  Ohhhh so frustrating to say things over and over and over and over then end in yelling .  So my new zen is allowing Ian to choose and getting one chance.  I am sooo trying not to yell but hold firm with what I say and Ian has to learn to live with the consequences of his choosing not to listen.  Wish me luck--this one is so hard for this hot tempered mama.  I am going to win--I know Ian is such a good kid but we have to find a better place with the listening.  Deep breath and sigh.... please work!!
-Luke's new thing is to put things in his onsie to hide them.  So we have found pacifiers, hot wheel cars, coins, ..  we could keep going here.  Today-it was so funny to see him try and stuff big mega blocks down his shirt.  He had his shirt stretched out and could hardly move.  What goes through his head??

It's an adventure raising two boys!!!

No comments: